Although the Converted segment is small – those with Pay TV and a converter make up only 1% of online households – they have a higher proportion of those not employed outside the home. Well more than one-third (38%) of adults in these households are either retired, homemakers, or currently unemployed.
This information is released from the Analog TV Converter Profile Report, a Technology User Profile solution from MetaFacts. It is based on recent survey-based research, reporting directly from a representative sample of actual users. The Analog TV Converter Profile Report is available for immediate purchase through the online store at the MetaFacts website – MetaFacts.com
Other findings in the Analog TV Converter Profile Report include:
- How many in each segment have converters?
- Current Pay TV Households – the earliest adopters
- Current Pay TV Customers – the ripest segment?
- Analog TV Converters are not only for seniors
- Analog TV Converters – a Boy Toy?
- TV & Educational Levels
- Success with homemakers & the retired
- Reaching the smaller households
- Analog TV Adopters are not only for low-income
- Children, Pay TV and Analog TV
- Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt and Fun?
- Consumer Electronics in Use
- Planned Consumer Electronics
- Outlets – Retail & Online
MetaFacts releases ongoing research on the market shifts and profiles for Windows Vista, Mobile PCs, Workplace PCs, Home PCs, Broadband, Digital Imaging, and many other technology industry topics. These Profile Reports are in a series on specific topics utilizing the Technology User Profile Annual Edition study, which reveals the changing patterns of technology adoption and use in American households and businesses. Interested technology professionals can sign up for complimentary TUPdates, periodic snapshots of technology markets.
MetaFacts, Inc. is a national market research firm focusing exclusively on the technology industries. MetaFacts’ Technology User Profile survey is the longest-running, large-scale comprehensive study of its kind, conducted continuously since 1983, the year before Apple released the Apple Macintosh. The detailed results are widely recognized as a primary marketing resource for Fortune 1000 companies providing consumer-oriented technology products and services, such as PCs, printers, peripherals, mobile computing, and related services and products. For more information, contact MetaFacts at 1-760-635-4300 or www.metafacts.com